Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Out and about

Holiday? Not hardly...up and at it by 6:30 am for my pick up to the country. We made the trip through a much more rural area of Bali for a meeting with several people at the district level. The meeting was held to discuss statistics, issues associated with individuals with mental illness & developmental disabilities. I saw no clients with actual disabilities today. The meeting was held outside in a pavilion among rice fields and beautiful scenery. I joined in barefooted, sitting cross-legged on the tile floor & mat for the entirety of the 3 hour meeting. Why am I the only one squirming, and aching from a numb arse??? From there it was on to another village to discuss strategy and community initiatives. Very stimulating! Back for a swim and to meet up with Jhon (lol). His task today was to explore alternative lodging. He has a few new options for me to explore once I return tomorrow :) A lovely (and cheap) Japanese meal tonight together. Off to bed early tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment