Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day off (by default)

Was scheduled for a 7:30 am meet up this morning in Denpasar. Trouble started with the taxi. You need to use the BLUE taxis with meters to prevent rip-offs so I first stood on the sidewalk outside "the Dive" on watch for the usual constant stream...no luck at this hour. I walk up the street and finally find one, unfortunately I text Dr. to let her know the situation and they must go on to the meeting without me. I decide I have time to pick up mosquito repellent at Hardys (grocery). I ask for mosquito repellent, they say " before or after bite". After...I have been eaten alive and John does not have a single bite!?! I am now wearing citronella cream as my perfume. Next, in response to this bad hair experience, I guess...I decide on a $3.00 pedicure. Well, I said NO CUTTING but I am now limping with a hunk missing from my left foot. To boot, Emma ( my 4 year old granddaughter could have shown them a thing or two on the polishing aspect). It's all natural from here on baby! John left just before 7:00 am this morning for his second dive on Bali. They drove 2 hours north up the coast and saw beautiful fish and turtles. He is scheduled next week to swim with very large manta rays. We continue to enjoy the varied, cheap and delicious cuisine of Indonesia. I am swimming each day for weight & heat control. The weather is very hot and humid. As I applied my make-up this morning outside our little room (I hadn't started the natural bit yet), my little mirror fogged over and over. Just so humid...not complaining though, it is so very lovely here!

1 comment:

  1. SUZ,I really feel for you! All that beautiful world and I just have the heat and humidity in Memphis.

    ReplyDelete