Sunday, June 24, 2012

Dancing?

Sunday afternoon. OK, for the record...I can somewhat spell and punctuate however, my auto-correct is much too eager and the blog program adds and subtracts spaces at will. So please hold back with the red marking pen. The presentation is behind me. Just over 170 people attended. It was held at a civic center in Denpasar city. All in all, I believe it was a success for the institute. The attendees were so engaged and attentive. They sat and listened (except when doing chair exercises and dancing)for 3 hours without a break. Yes, dancing...I had to think of something to spice up the topic and make up some time. I also learned a few Balinese dance moves in the process! The attendees were a real mix of people...some old, some young and approximately 30 nursing students. What struck me interesting was that although I spoke of the importance of regular and nutritious meals when aging, not one single person in the group was overweight. Not even close! There were many great questions asked at the end of the session. Our time here in Bali is winding down. We hired a driver today to take us on a trip around the island. We saw some beautiful temples (Mr.Jhon is on overload) and scenery! Tomorrow the guys are diving and I am doing a guest lecture for Udayana University School of Nursing. Thursday we are scheduled to visit Bangli Hospital,the only mental health hospital here on Bali. We fly to Jarkarta on Friday, then on to Hong Kong(strictly pleasure, no work...I promise)for a few days. From HK, on to California for some more pleasure visiting friends & family, then home sweet home to the Sunshine State! I will miss Bali, the people, the smiles, it's culture and the constant smell of incense in the air. I hope I can leave more than I take away from here.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure Bali will be the better for your having been there! Have a safe trip home...you have made your mom and I's life interesting this month.

    ReplyDelete