Sunday, June 10, 2012

Starting a new week

Monday morning - a free day! After a busy weekend with Dr.(educational sessions, outreach & awareness initiatives)and temple experience, today I am chilling. Although I'm the one "eating local"' John has come down with "Bali Belly". Our morning so far, has involved mostly sitting on the beach drinking coffee and reading. We are now settled into our little condotel. Not posh, but adequate with hot water, air con and a little kitchenette. Did you know that folks (most that is) in Bali do not have ovens in their homes? It takes too much power to run so they only have burners for stir-frying, etc. Microwaves are not common either. This means you need to drink your instant Nescafe quickly in the morning, ha! We have found a local laundry to drop off or clothes. Very inexpensive(a matter of cents per item). Our one bag each motto for traveling means we don't have too much. They even iron! Hair update (I know, I know...too much time spent on this topic) but for you that know me realize I have so much! I have located and purchased a small pair of scissors with rounded ends like children use in school and given myself a good trimming. If only I could attach pictures so we could all have a good laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment