Sunday, October 20, 2013

DIY hair

It was bound to happen.  We have been gone now for 7 weeks so our hair is suffering.
A small child on the public bus told his dad that " Santa Claus" was sitting next to him yesterday.  The man explained to John that his little boy thought he was Santa, lol! (or ho, ho, ho!)


I cut John's hair and beard this morning with my thinners and small scissors. Not great, but better.

I had big plans to have my hair done in Moscow at a really posh salon, but couldn't find the time or the salon.  My mother gave me strict instructions prior to leaving for Russia to "not come home as a redhead, all the Russians are redheads". Well...not really mom, but OK.



Unlike John's, my hair requires color and cutting.  For those of you that know me, yes...my hair is short, but I have ALOT of hair. I have been whacking away at it for the past week or so until it now sits on my head. We have had rain for the last few days so that doesn't help the situation.  To make matters worse, the flat iron I brought along will not work with the adapter so its been totally blow dry and go since arrival.
I purchased some color at the grocery store this week and have applied it.  The instructions were in Russian  and the pictures and ingredients didn't add up.  We both reviewed the instructions and packets within the box and were perplexed.  I decided to half everything and see how it would go.
Hmmmmm, the application was very blue and John laughed and teased me about becoming a "blue haired  lady" during my processing. I washed it out and yes, it's alittle on the "cool" side, but it's that time of the year when we all wear hats in Russia!  

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm.. I have a great colorist for when you come home to Mother USA.

    ReplyDelete