Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Gidday mates!

Made the five and a half hour flight from New Zealand to Australia yesterday. The 4:15am wake up call was not very welcome but necessary. Upon arrival, the time had changed another 2 hours. I am not wearing a watch and have given up on setting any routine. We are in Port Doulas now and it is warm and tropical. We have been before but not for many years. It was raining as we awoke this morning so we spent the day tramping in the Daintree Rainforest. It is said to be the oldest in the world. Beautiful scenery in the forest and along the northern coast of Queensland. I will be adding some pictures once I figure how to upload into the blog from the iPad :( Once the weather clears we will be heading out to the Great Barrier Reef for some snorkelling.

1 comment:

  1. I can just see you tramping around in tropical forest! See any little people? I think they are on one of the Indonesian islands, not Queensland. Thinking of you, C

    ReplyDelete