Thursday, May 31, 2012

Bali

My hope of adding photos to the blog is decreasing, I'm afraid. My template has now converted to Balinese so please hang in here with me. Our first day was spent exploring the area around Seminyak where we are now. We move tomorrow for a few days to Sanur. We are staying at a lovely little villa and as soon as you walk out of the gates of the garden across stones over a koi pond, you walk through very narrow footpaths. Yesterday to my surprise in the middle of town we met 3 cows! We were on the way to the big supermarket to pick up this and that and again to my surprise, I ran into a woman shopping with her pet monkey! I definitely know I am no longer in Kansas... Just everything is available here in Bali. We also find things (food,clothing,etc.)inexpensive, especially compared to both New Zealand & Australia. Yesterday we had mangosteen and other fruit for breakfast, cheap lunch on the beach and Nasi goreng with fresh prawns for dinner. No weight loss program in force here. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Weight loss is not for travel.Have a good time for all of us. Miss you(just knowing I could call you).

    ReplyDelete