Friday, July 13, 2012

Home

Arrived home to Florida safely after a week of driving throughout California.  It was fun catching up with friends & family of Mr. Jhon there.

Back at home, my head is spinning with ideas for the new multicultural nursing course I will be teaching later this Fall.  My experience in Bali was so exciting, interesting, and thought provoking.  I hope to publish something about the concepts incorporated into mental health care there, including relationships to the banjar, family, spirituality, traditional healing, etc.

As I now work from the office in my comfortable home, typing on my laptop (at last!) enjoying "air con & hot water", I find myself missing the incense, people, vibe, beauty,smiles, and people  of Bali...

I will close my blog for now...but hopefully, the traveling nightingale will return soon with another adventure we can take together!!!

Om Swastyastu
(Peace be with you/us)

1 comment:

  1. Count me in for your next adventure! I believe your new cultural nursing class will lend a new and different aspect to the program. I can tell you are excited about it, and that is most important in a classroom--I know your students will catch that excitement. Glad to have you home!

    ReplyDelete